Jumped the Synapse: Thoughts without sponsors!

These are my thoughts that don't fit in my other blogs. They'll eventually cover a large range of topics.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Graffiti and Trash: Cleanin' up the Neighbourhood

Spend part of yesterday afternoon walking around the neighbourhood (man it was hot!) picking up trash. Collected about 1/2 a full-sized black garbage bag full. Lots of litter that came from McDonald's, Wendy's, Tim Horton's, 7-11, etc. Drink containers and snack wrappers is the big thing.

Also found a young woman's wallet that she'd lost the night before. She was quite thankful when I phoned her - thought she'd never find it.

Cleaning this up also inspired me to head out with a painbrush and some old lime green indoor paint and cover up some graffiti around here.

All told, I cleaned up about 12 city blocks or more, one way or another. It felt good.

... another random musing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home